Date: Saturday, December 12
Time: 11 am–5 pm
The rush of December and the “commercial” Christmas season can rob us of the power of quiet waiting, which is what Advent is all about. Come join the Day of Quiet to recapture the gifts of this holy time. When we commit to a quiet time with God, the stress and busyness of regular life falls away. The deeper, more peaceful parts of ourselves emerge and in that stillness, we feel more in touch with the Divine.
It’s also wonderful to do a day of silence in community. By honoring each other’s response to the call to silence, a new connection often emerges.
To facilitate your spiritual experience of silence, there will be:
- Altar, Candles, and Taizé music going in Christie House Library.
- Visio Divina and other prayer exercises in the Fireside Room.
- Art supplies in the Fireside Room.
- Tea, coffee, and snacks in the Fireside Kitchen.
- Labyrinth in the Great Hall.
- Guided Meditation in the afternoon.
- Evening Prayer at the close of our time.
11 am – Orientation to Day of Quiet and Introduction to Visio Divina: Fireside Room
Noon–12:30 pm – Buffet Lunch in Fireside Room
1:30 pm – Guided Meditation
4:30–5 pm – Evening Prayer with Taizé chant
You are welcome for a few hours or the whole time. Child care is available upon request before December 5. Questions? Please contact Diana Bender. To register, contact the parish office or simply show up.