Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, you have a place at Epiphany. This is a phrase we use around here often; it captures what we believe to be true about the spirit of a person—that it is active, alive, and constantly seeking engagement with the divine. That means different things to different people at different points in their life. Epiphany is a place to come and be in relationship with people who actively acknowledge their spiritual nature and are looking for others who will accompany them on their journey.
So what does that mean? How does one become a member of this community? The abiding characteristic of membership at Epiphany is engagement. Engagement means presence. Presence on Sunday morning is the primary expectation. It also means participation in our formation hour on Sunday morning beginning at 10 am, as well as at the special services and social activities like the Feast of the Epiphany party, Have a Heart dinner, Mardi Gras, and the Pentecost birthday party. Here is why: participation fosters the trusting relationship necessary for spiritual growth. Engagement also includes making a pledge, which is a planned financial contribution to Epiphany.
The payoff is an enlightened spirit, a magnified soul, and a greater sense of God’s love and presence. And the hope is that your friends and family say, “I don’t know what is different with you, but boy I like you better.”
HERE ARE THE PRACTICAL STEPS FOR MEMBERSHIP AT EPIPHANY:
- Submit your name, address, birthdate, and email address to the parish office to be placed on our mailing/email list.
- Subscribe to Epiphany’s Weekly Word newsletter.
- If you are from another Episcopal church, have your letter of membership transferred to Epiphany.
- Make an appointment to meet with the Rector.
- Accept an invitation to have an Epiphany mentor who will help guide you into parish life over the period of one year.
- Accept an invitation to make a pledge.
- Mark your calendar with Sunday service times, classes you are interested in attending, and special services and social events happening at Epiphany.
- Accept an invitation to “like” the Epiphany Facebook page and to bookmark the Epiphany website on your browser.
We look forward to your living out your spiritual journey within the life of the Epiphany community.