Date: Saturday, November 5
Time: 9 am–1 pm
Location: Fireside Room
PRAYING IN COLOR: AN ARTISTIC MORNING TOGETHER
Sacred geometry is a term we learned from exploring the art in The Saint John’s Bible. The most universal sacred geometry is the circle, through all cultures from ancient times to today. Our November morning will explore how this symbol expresses our spirituality.
Souheir Rawlings, a long-time friend of Tamara Lamb, is visiting Seattle to share her “Expressive Art and Soul” expertise with us for our half-day November retreat. Souheir lives in the Flathead Valley of Northwestern Montana, but she travels the world—from Alaska to Africa—learning how diverse cultures use art. Her training as an artist included instruction in portrait and figure drawing and painting in Florence, Italy, at Studio Art Center International. Her degrees are from Pacific Oaks College in California, where her focus was on human development and education.
- We’ll settle in as close to 9 am as we can, and finish the program by noon so we can stop for lunch.
- Cost for the day is $20. Click here to pay online.
- Coffee and morning treats will be provided.
- Karen Forbes and Ann Lockhart will bring salad greens. Please bring other salad goodies to share and some cookies or fruit if you’d like.
- The canvas labyrinth will be available during the retreat and lunch.
Please let us know if you can join us. Call the church office or email Ann Lockhart by October 28th. Souheir is bringing supplies with her so we have to let her know how many are planning on attending. Also, if you would like childcare, please let us know by the 28th so we can set it up.