Bring all your creatures, great and small, pictures, and stuffed animals to either the 8:45 am or the 11 am service on October 4 for our annual pet blessing in honor of St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals. Be prepared for a little chaos underfoot, along with a chorus of barks, mews, croaks, hisses, and tweets.
Please note the following logistical items:
- Please be sure to box and leash your animals appropriately.
- The stage will be the designated “dog-free zone.”
- If you have animal-induced allergies, you may want to consider attending the 7:30 am service or the 5 pm service.
Children are encouraged to go to church with their families and pets at whichever service works best for each family. If you are unable to sit with your child during the service but would like help coordinating him or her joining another family, please let Elizabeth Walker know.
- Family Sundays will take place on the first Sunday of every month this fall.
- There will be Sunday School offered in Matthew at 11am for children ages PreK–2nd grade, at family discretion.
- On Family Sundays, for those who do attend Sunday School, there will be no Eucharist celebration (normally a priest will join the children to do Eucharist during the service). If you’d like your child to celebrate the Eucharist, please pick up from Matthew during the Peace.
- There is no PAW or CIT practice on October 4. Children can check in to the Upper Room during Formation Hour.