Every year Epiphany parishioners come together to donate turkeys, pies, potatoes and all the other ingredients for a Thanksgiving dinner to families in YWCA housing who can’t afford the extra expense of holidays. Will you help us provide 35 Thanksgiving dinners?
- Sign up your family, your small group, or another team for at least one meal.
- Decide how many complete meals you can donate.
- Email Sherilyn Peterson with your team name and contact information and how many meals you will provide—hopefully by November 10.
FAQ: What If I Just Want to Give a Turkey Without a Team?
Because of the difficult logistics and timing, we cannot take partial basket ingredients. Try to find a team to donate your turkey with the other ingredients. Ask your friends, fellow parishioners, or the person sitting next to you in church. See if the parents in your Sunday School classroom or small group will join with you to form a team. There are lots of ways to attach yourself to a team and give what you can.
Our hope is that this will be a rewarding community-building activity for everyone at Epiphany while providing a desperately needed service to our community. It is a wonderful teaching experience for all children to learn about community service and the importance of contributing what we can to those in need. Consider making this a family event and including your children/grandchildren in the shopping and/or delivery.
- Click here to download the list of Thanksgiving dinner ingredients. Your team is responsible for all items on the list.
- With your team devise a plan for who will bring what and when and where you will assemble it.
- Assemble it all in a large family-sized laundry basket. This makes delivery to the YWCA easier for our volunteers and ensures that meals do not get mixed up. It also provides YWCA families with a laundry basket!
- Delivery Day is November 20. Please bring your completed basket to the Parish Hall before the 11 am service. Have someone from your team responsible for getting the basket where it needs to go and ensuring that all the contents are present. We have a very narrow window for delivery to the YWCA so we need everything to be ready on time.
Please contact Sherilyn Peterson with any questions.